10 Gouldings Avenue
Walton on the Naze
CO14 8QL

T: 07840 590222
E: tendringdesign@gmail.com
W: tendringdesign.co.uk
  • Measured Site and Building Surveys
  • Feasibility Studies
  • Scheme Design Proposals
  • AutoCad Designed Plans
  • Planning Drawings and Applications
  • Specification Writing and Construction Drawings
  • Design submissions for Building Regulations Approval
  • Liaison with the Planning Authority and Building Control Body
  • Construction Cost Consultancy

Residential Building Design

We cover the full spectrum of works within Residential Building Design. Examples include:

  • New build houses and flats
  • Conversion of existing buildings to form housing and flats including barn conversions.
  • Building Extensions
  • New basements and conversions of existing basements to form residential space.
  • Internal and external property alterations and re-modelling
  • Structural works to Property
  • Property Refurbishment works
  • Conservation and listed building works

Please visit our Portfolio section to see some examples of such works we have undertaken.

A comprehensive guide for those considering embarking on a residential building project. Different types of residential projects are discussed with feasibility advice, what to watch for and some frequently asked questions (FAQ's) are answered. It is our intention to update this section with the latest developments and new technology as it comes along.

Architectural Design & Building Consultancy Case Studies

Please take time to read through some of Tendring's Design Architectural Design and Building Consultancy Case Studies.

Permitted Development Rights (PD)

Your house may enjoy what is known as Permitted Development Rights, or "PD" as it's known. Permitted Development means that certain types of development do not require Planning approval. By checking this you may save yourself the time and expense of having drawings prepared and a Planning application made to the Local Authority.

Most houses have Permitted Development Rights. However in certain areas the PD rules are somewhat restricted if you are situated in a:

  • National park
  • Area of outstanding natural beauty
  • Conservation area
  • The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
  • A new housing development where PD rights have been reduced or removed altogether

Some sites may have had their PD rights removed by the Local Planning Authority by what is known as an Article Four direction. If you have been affected by an Article Four direction you may have a right to appeal.

Your PD rights mean you can extend your house from the "original house". This term refers to the building as it was first built prior to any additions.

Note: You must check with your Local Authority Planning Department if your property has Permitted Development Rights.

Please click on the following link for advice on what works fall under Permitted Development: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/house